Wednesday, November 09, 2005

More guests... little writing...

Yep, I've been busy. So just a quick update. Great visit from my folks, in-laws coming tomorrow. Gotta love having other willing hands with the kids. Hopefully a couple dates- a sickly husband may preempt that. The weather has gotten a lot colder; it was really windy today, and we had to break out the heavier coats and hats.

Projects-
*felted scuffs- felted and drying. I didn't do any shibori on them; I think I'll add some cool buttons if anything. They look pretty cool, and feel warm and fuzzy, although a bit moist yet.
*Wacky felting class- Working on a hat for G-Dub. It's blue and green, with eyelash yarn accents. I'm going to add little ruffles with eyelash in them that when felted, look like fuzzy caterpillars. Hope it turns out!
*New ideas- Quick headbands or hats for the girls for Christmas, a couple of scarves, maybe some more felting. We'll see how much time I wind up with.
*Halloween costumes were cute and well-received.

I've been reading quite a bit lately; I have a book I have to start and read quickly before it's due back. After the felted hat project...

Christmas is coming faster than I want. I'd like to make quite a few gifts, but may run out of time. I won't find out until Thanksgiving who I get in a drawing, so it'll cut pretty close. I'll wait and see...

Over and out. Must try to call traveling brother to wish him a happy birthday. Hope I catch him...

0 Comments:

<< Home