Wednesday, October 12, 2005

"She had a sparkling personality and a smile to match...

Yep, another week without posting. Just got busy. Anyway, fall is trying to assert itself around here. Mostly cooler weather, leaves turning and falling, furnace on for the first time in a while. If only it wasn't going to hit 70 degrees again in a couple days. I want my soup weather back! My soup goal for this winter is French Onion soup, and Chicken Matzo Ball soup. For some reason, I've never tried making either, though I like them both. Got to master making good beef stock for the onion soup- I've learned the importance of a good stock for some soups I make, like Split Pea with Ham.

Kids are great- I have a conference at Soph's school tomorrow; we'll see how that goes. Lucy and Sadie have loved their weekly playgroup. I love being around other moms with kids that'll be in school with my kids (the playgroup formed from meeting other kindergarten parents who have younger kids). It's kinda a pain to get the kids ready to go, and to keep track of them, but they love playing with the other kids, and I love adult conversation. G-Dub has his 4 month check tomorrow; I can't wait to see how much he weighs. Shot time too- owie!

The twins' latest trick, which they've now performed twice, once at home and once on the road, is sequestering themselves in the bathroom, arming themselves with toothbrushes, and using toilet water to paint on the walls or to BRUSH THEIR TEETH WITH! Yuck-ola! Never underestimate the power of a pair of curious toddlers! Gives new meaning to the phrase "potty mouth".

Project updates- Yes, progress has been made!
*Swatches for felting class- 2 down, 1 to go; it's started and about 4" long
*Felted scuff class- Way cool! One scuff is already half-done, in only 24 hours! Yippee! I'm using Lamb's Pride worsted in Dynamite Blue- they'll be pretty soft and kinda fuzzy. I also learned some new skills- increasing, casting on in a work in progress, joining and knitting in the round on DPNs (I've done it before, but am not proficient yet). I love how quickly they're going, and aspire to make some for the girls. It also makes me want to try mittens, now that I have some new skills. One things at a time! After they're felted, then it's embellishment time.
*Manos pillowtop- no progress to report
*Hats- umm, nope! Will do soon.

Well, that's enough I guess. Wednesdays poop me out. The playgroup, soccer, and storytime, on top of the normal busy day really is tiring, though in a good way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home