Sunday, September 04, 2005

Long time, no blog!

Seems to be a lot harder to write on this than it should be! Don't know why that should be, but oh well! I'm back now. If I try to schedule time to write on this, instead of spending all my time reading, I should be able to work on my writing/posting and get better at it. It's a goal at least.

I've decided to make this blog not only for rants and raves, but as a way to keep track of little daily happenings and to compel me to work on projects I have going right now. You see, I'm a novice knitter and sewer, as well as a novice writer. If I blog about my projects in the works, then I actually have to get them finished.

Here's a brief update on what's happening in my life now-

*My oldest daughter started kindergarten last Thursday. She loves it so far, and has adjusted well to being away from home all day. It's a little quieter around the house (not as many fights among her sisters), but increases our busy-ness.

*My husband starts his semester this week. I'll find it interesting to see how I handle the younger three all day, as well as picking up my oldest from school. Probably will push the twins in the stroller and wear the baby.

*Current projects in the works- a beehive hat for my oldest, from the "Stitch 'n Bitch Nation" book. I'm using a variegated yarn in pinks and purples, and will use butterfly buttons instead of bees. Guess that makes it a butterfly hive...

-a felted pillowtop- to be knit from Manos del Uruguay yarn in "Woodland". It's a variegated yarn in greens, golds, reds and browns. I'll back it with a piece of silk, and possibly add tassels to the corners. It's a pattern I got from a felting book.

-Sewing pillows for my couch. I've got it all ready, just have to pull out the sewing machine and do it. My husband recovered a chair of ours recently (did a gorgeous job!), and the leftover fabric is to be pillows. Just have to get it done.

Well, that's enough for now. Got to try to get something done on an otherwise lazy Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home